The Sapienza Statutes recognize the role of the departments as highly important in the university.
The departments are responsible for the organization and management of research and teaching activities.
They distribute financial resources based on recruitment needs and deliberate on selection exam applications and calls for professors. The department organs are the Department Council, the Director and the Junta.
The Faculty of Pharmacy and Medicine is made up of 9 Departments and organizes many different courses.
The Departments are (the website is on a new page):
- Biotecnologie cellulari ed ematologia
- Chimica e tecnologie del farmaco
- Chirurgia generale e specialistica "Paride Stefanini"
- Fisiologia e Farmacologia "Vittorio Erspamer"
- Medicina molecolare
- Sanità pubblica e malattie infettive
- Scienze anatomiche, istologiche, medico-legali e dell'apparato locomotore
- Scienze biochimiche "Alessandro Rossi Fanelli"
- Scienze biotecnologiche medico-chirurgiche